TOMRA Cleanaway Pty Limited ACN 620 427 116 (“us“, “we“, “our“, or “TOMRA Cleanaway“) is the network operator of the New South Wales container deposit scheme (“NSW CDS“). The NSW CDS was established under Part 5 of the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Act 2001 (NSW). The NSW CDS operates under the name Return and Earn.
By creating a Return and Earn App profile, TOMRA Cleanaway will collect your personal information, including:
- your name;
- email address;
- your chosen password;
- bank account details;
- PayPal account details;
- the frequency and volume of containers you return in exchange for refund amounts, the location of collection points to which you return containers and how and where you redeem credits for refund amounts.
The purpose for collecting your personal information is to create and manage your Return and Earn App account and to facilitate payment to you of refund amounts for returning eligible containers to container points under the NSW CDS.
We will use your personal information for that purpose, and we may also use it to:
- Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you.
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of use of the Return and Earn App. We process your personal information to ensure that your use of the Return and Earn App and your account is in accordance with those terms and conditions. For example, we can investigate your use of the Return and Earn App and your account based on suspected inappropriate activity.
- Conduct research, perform analysis and improve the Return and Earn App.
- Administer any sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or surveys we may offer to users of the Return and Earn App.
- Communicate with you about our special offers, events, new products or services, or surveys.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers used by us in connection with the operation of the Return and Earn App;
- professional advisers and agents;
- third party providers of data processing services to process personal information for the purposes of enabling TOMRA Cleanaway to provide the Return and Earn App services;
- payment systems operators (including financial institutions processing electronic funds transfer transactions);
- our existing or potential business partners;
- our sponsors or promotors of any marketing campaign or competition that we conduct;
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) are transferred;
- any participant in the NSW CDS, including the State of New South Wales and the scheme coordinator (which is the company called Exchange for Change (NSW) Pty Limited that was appointed as scheme coordinator by the NSW state government under the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Act 2001 (NSW));
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law; and/or
- other persons, as necessary to facilitate our dealings with you.
If the personal information is not collected, we would not be able to offer and operate the Return and Earn App services.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our third party suppliers and service providers located in overseas countries including but not limited to Norway.
We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Please address all requests or questions about how we deal with your personal information, requests for access to your personal information or to tell us that you no longer wish to receive any communications from us to: